Initial Attending Physician Statement only
As per the collective agreement, if you have been or will be absent from the workplace “beyond 7 consecutive days” you need to apply for short-term disability through Desjardins. (You pay 100% of this benefit on each pay cheque).
- The Employer needs a doctor’s note that excuses your absence. It should not include diagnosis (what’s wrong with you) just prognosis (how long you will be absent). Send to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com.
- Print off the Desjardins Initial Attending Physician Statement Form and get your doctor to fill it out.
- Print off the Desjardins Employee Statement and fill it out with your banking information.
- These two forms (4&5) get submitted to Desjardins at www.DesjardinsLifeInsurance.com/Send
We strongly suggest you submit them yourself (or get help from a steward to submit them).
- Also you will need to fill out the “Benefits Continuation during Leave Request” form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cc to email@example.com.
If you need assistance, please contact the chief shop steward Nikki Peddle (firstname.lastname@example.org) and she can assign a steward to help you.